How Can I Get My Book into Roundabout Books?
If your book is available through a distributor such as Ingram or Baker & Taylor, please email Cassie at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If your book is self-published or published throught a small press or if you are a local author wishing to place your book in our store, please read our guidelines below.
Due to the volume and frequency of requests for our staff to review local and self-published authors’ books for placement, we have established the following guidelines and criteria for determining whether or not to carry a local and/or self-published author’s book:
- The book’s subject matter must appeal widely to our customers’ interests and not be deemed inappropriate.
- The book must be well-edited; books containing misspelled words or poor grammar (unless deliberate, as with A Girl Is a Half-Formed Thing) will not be considered.
- The overall quality of the construction and presentation of the book (cover, spine, print, etc.) must be comparable to mainstream publishing standards.
- The book must have an ISBN and suggested retail price. Barcodes are not necessary but preferred.
- The author must live locally full-time and year round, where “local” is defined as any place within a fifty mile radius of Bend, Oregon. Exceptions may be made for non-local authors whose subject material is of local interest on a case-by-case basis.
If you believe your book meets the above criteria, you may submit it for review by mail only to Roundabout Books, Book Review Submissions, 900 NW Mt. Washington Drive, Suite #110, Bend, OR 97703. You are responsible for providing both a copy of your book for review and a completed Roundabout Books Consigment Policy & Contract (download below). If you want your book returned to you by mail, you must include in your original package a self-addressed stamped envelope with sufficient postage. If you do not include a SASE, you are responsible for picking up your book within thirty days of acceptance/rejection. Roundabout Books assumes no responsibility for delivery or return costs. Unclaimed books will be discarded after thirty days. PLEASE NOTE: We do NOT accept solicitations by any other method except mail. No inquiries, please.
If your book is accepted for placement on a consignment basis at Roundabout Books, a $25 administrative fee will be charged. This helps to mitigate the time expended for reviewing, accepting, and making inventory space for your book.